|Original caption: " Mr. & Mrs. Hawe leaving Oberon"
This photograph was also taken in Oberon Station - possibly 1924 or 1925
It is a Redfern Car LCC 85 and was probably built in 1888.
The Redfern cars were light weight timber framed carriages some of which had a second roof added to improve cooling.
The LCC classification indicated that this was a Lavatory car ie. toilet facilities were provided for the passengers.
LCC85 was converted from a CBH in August 1924 and then converted to a weighbridge fitter's van in 1929 - condemned in 1961
(source: Cooke, Estell, Seckold, Beckhaus & Toohey- 1999 Coaching Stock of the NSW Railways - Eveleigh Press, pp79)